TSTS takes up procurement of hardware, software, networking components and other IT goods and services on behalf of government departments. The IT goods and services are directly provided by the vendors to users under the supervision of TSTS. The entire procurement process is steered by a committee called the Technical-Cum-Purchase Committee (TCPC) which comprises representatives relevant government departments and TSTS staff.
TSTS Procurement Functions
- Assisting the user department in finalizing specifications for goods and services
- Estimating cost for the indented goods and services
- Inviting bids or Request For Proposal (RFP) from interested vendors.
- Bid/RFP evaluation by TCPC members
- Selection of vendors raising purchase orders
- Follow up on delivery
- Verification of delivery and conduct of Acceptance Tests
- Bill processing and payments to vendors
As a first step, the product/services procured for user department should meet the minimum technical requirement, before the product is considered for price evaluation. To meet the above requirements, the tender evaluation is conducted in two broad stages.
For large scale procurement, technical evaluation will comprise pre-qualification of bidders, followed by technical evaluation of product/services. In other cases, the first stage will have only one evaluation i.e. technical evaluation. Pre-qualification or technical evaluation will be followed by financial evaluation in both the cases. In brief, for large scale procurement, the procurement process comprises a three step evaluation and for other cases it consists of a two step evaluation. In all these steps sequential process of evaluation is followed i.e. product/ services being evaluated must pass through the first step, before they can be considered for the second step. A product/service which does not qualify at the first step will not be considered for further evaluation
Total cost of ownership and product meeting user expectations form the basic criterion for financial evaluation.
TSTS is providing consultancy for selection of service provider for development of Software and maintenance of portal to provide the services. M/s Vayam Technologies is providing O&M Services on e-Procurement project. Identified M/s Cambridge Technologies Enterprises Ltd. to design, develop a new updated e-Procurement & e-Auction System for Government and the software development is underway.
Some of the key feature of e-Procurement Portal
- Online Enrolment of the Government officials & the bidders
- Tender creation & Publishing , Publishing of Corrigendum, & pre-bid meeting documents
- Online bid submission/re submission
- Two Factor Authentication
- Facility for Online payment collection through Bank Payment Gateway
- Encryption of bids submitted by the bidder using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Tender opening online & Automatic evaluation of the financial bid
- Updation of the committee recommendations at each stage of the tender process
- Mail/SMS communication at various stages to bidders/Government officials
- Digital Signing file documents using DSCs
To Provide consultancy services to Government Departments, Government Companies/ Corporations, Government Aided Bodies/ Institutions in the purchase of modern office equipment including computer hardware and to assist in preparation of site and installation of all such equipment and hardware and to provide consultancy services to upgrade computer and other electronic systems to the aforesaid departments, companies/ Corporations and bodies/ institutions already processing them. TSTS has a flexible consultancy approach and considers the specific requirements of each department/agency of the government.
e Government Solutions TSTS has been involved in a large number of e-government initiatives taken up by the Government of Telangana.
The e-Government solutions provided by TSTS include the following
- Security Audit
- Consultancy for Mee Seva and eSeva
- Consultancy to Transport Department computerization
- Consultancy to IT E&C Department
- Consultancy to Finance Department - Budget
- Consultancy to Finance Department - PAO computerization
- EPIC - for GAD Elections Department
- Scholarship Information system for Social Welfare department
- Connectivity on TSWAN to Different Govt. Depts.
- Consultancy to Police Department
- Video Conference
- FMS (KM-ATOM)
- Service Centre Agency of ESD
TSTS will hire the Technical Manpower on behalf of the User Departments from the open market as per the norms of the government and provide the IT Personnel services to operate the systems and to provide consultancy to user agencies for recruitment of professionals and to create computer awareness and provide detailed training to user agencies at various levels.
Mission Mode Projects
eDistrict GOI : TSTS is ‘ Implementing Agency’
- Conceptualized to improve ,enhance the efficiencies of various Departments at the district-level for seamless service delivery to the citizen.
- Districts are the de-facto front-end of Government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction take place.
- Front-ends - in the form of citizen facilitation centers, are envisoned to be built at District, Tehsil, Sub-division & Block levels and Village-level.
- Front-ends would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
To host the application in the SDC, the application has to be audited against the security vulnerabilities and has to be certified by IT security auditor of (CERT-In) empanelled IS auditing agency.
TSTS Vendor Registration Process
TSTS deals in procurement of various goods and services indented by various user departments. Registration of vendor is open in following specific areas:
- Hardware procurement
- Software procurement
- Office equipment procurement like Fax machines/photo copiers/telephone systems etc.
- Networking and maintenance services
Rate Contract Functions
- Identifying goods/services for rate contract
- Identifying vendors for such items.
- Calling quotes periodically for rate contract prices
- Finalizing rate contract